One of the main reasons why my mood has been cured, really. Sometimes I feel like embracing my past.. other times I feel like curling up and wanting to forget it out of embarrassment.. I've been feeling the former lately. I'll go over the five drawings you see here now! For those curious for more information. The last two are bloody confusing ":-[" Although for me it's like "Squeee!"
Oh snap they're each on a colored paper thingie.. Souppy played a bit with the colors.. since it woulda looked weird all combined.. hope that doesn't look tacky XD Anyway, here we goooo..!
1. Race to the Finish: This is the first drawing I made in my university book.. it started out with Mike just running.. and I wanted to add more. This drawing was a bit inspired by Darkspeed's "The Way We Sit" drawing.. where he has his Ashworth characters sitting around and their.. position reflects their personality. I sort of had that in mind when I was drawing this. Mike is just sort of merry and relaxed (Also this is his special skill.. he's the best runner), David is tagging along behind without even TRYING and humming along.. without realizing Lucy dashing from behind, wanting to beat Mike in a race ATLEAST once! Rivalry, you see.
Paulo is walking along, eagerly trying to get near Lucy.. while Abbey protests and whines at him.. and last is Daisy, who is the slowest runner, but still quite carefree and happy to be around people ":-[" She isn't one for competitions. Hence her cheerleading role.
Lucy came out the beeeeest in this. For serious. Paulo bugs me, and Abbey slightly does, but not as much. David looks oddly short.. and I adore Daisy. SEEMS THE FEMALES WERE DONE WELL THIS TIME. And Mike, but he's pretty girly in the first place. Nyah.
2. Talents: I tend to listen to music when I'm waiting for the bus to come in or the train.. and I sometimes like linking songs to scenes in my head. As I was daydreaming, I decided to pull out my University book and draw Lucy.. singing. Since singing is her born talent (Which unfortunately goes to waste for her, Lucy not wanting to share it).. but after I did that, I decided to draw a tree and remembered that Paulo is the best climber.. so I drew him hanging from it. That spawned to me drawing everyone else doing their own little "special skill"..
Mike and Blur are the speediest ones, Daisy is the smartest and Yashy's a prodigy so to speak, Abbey is secretly a great artist, and David is.. very good at thinking of obscure things. He could friggin' write a science fiction novel one day, mannnn.
In the old series, Chirpy was meant to become a bit of an artist.. hence why I drew her hanging by Abbey.. thinking about it again, though.. it's so WEIRD to say that since Chirpy has WINGS.
Thinking about it once more, LILY was meant to be a talented artist in the old series side story.. so I'm surprised I didn't draw Lily by Abbey. She's more sitting and being motherly.. probably telling Paulo that he might fall on his face if he keeps swinging recklessly.
3. Fireworks show: The cast of the revived Bittersweet series! This might serve as spoilers to those that are very observant, but otherwise this is just a cutesy little group picture. I'll leave you to point out who all the characters are XD I am happiest with how Daisy turned out.. and I tried to make fireworksssss.. hopefully that turned out okay. Oh, that Sandy. When are you not absolutely gorgeous. You're leaving Maishul all wide-mouthed lol
4. Old series: I've mentioned before that there was an old series before this new Bittersweet comic.. but I haven't really ever posted any old comics or shown any real traces of it.. so well.. I felt like drawing a bit of a "summary/collage" of the old series. You can definitely note a few differences, like Lucy sporting a necklace, Mike lacking his scarf, and Daisy wearing a dress. You can even see how my young self was obsessive with Pokemon so I included Pokemon in the old series. Togepi was a main one.. as well as the Jigglypuff from France. You can also see Sue on the top-left since Sue was originally meant to be the "Lucy".. she was the first female lead I've ever drawn.. and when I created Lucy, she pretty much took over.
lol i see chawaii wauughh kill me
You can also see some siblings! Which haven't appeared in the new Bittersweet. Next to Sandy (Who was NEVER important in the old series.. just a fond memory of Mike that he got over), you can see Lucy's older brother playing with a basketball. His name was Jordan XD See what I did there? I'm so lame. You can also see Haley to the side.. Mike's younger sister, arguing with the principal of the school.. who was pretty hated by everyone. She wasn't an octopus, though. I WANTED TO MAKE HER LOOK SEMI-EVIL. Although she wasn't. Just annoying.
Mike is holding Daisy's hand oh snap. He wanted to hit that back then.. some very huge differences from the new series! And speaking of siblings, you see Mike's youngest sister on the bottom, sporting a pacifier next to Chirpy. Her name was Cindy ;.; Squee. Yashy and Blur are having an epic battle, too. Oh that Yashy and your side story sunglasses.
Speaking of side story, that's what's on the top-right.. all of that is from the side-story which was.. a really complicated story I tried to do.. my first attempt at a serious comic. Needless to say, it's embarrassing.. but I tried to make it look pretty damn cool in it. I probably failed because the main villain in that comic was a blob in the first place! Hard to make a blob look dramatic! Nyarhar. You can see clooonneeesss in the background. Imposters.
Paulo was introduced in the side story.. meaning he was never an actual canon character to begin with! Funny how he's very important in the new series now. Sue stands next to him.. they were two "villain goons".. although Paulo turned out to be the less merciless of the two. lol sacrifices himself in the end
There was a huge plot about imposters trying to take over and Lucy was pretty much the main target so she had to try and destroy them.. and rescue the real ones who were captured ":-[" Needless to say, rather magical girl-ish.. so it's embarrassing.. so yeah. Paulo and Sue were the main "evil ones".. as well as Daisy, who you see in the back. The discovery of Daisy being an imposter was meant to be a plot twist considering it's unknown until wayyyyy into the series.. so yeah ":-[" You think she's one of the "normals" throughout most of it then LOL BACKSTAB.
Mike had to infiltrate at one point as a police officer with a duck hat ":-[" Yeah, he's there with Lily, who is a "guardian" so to speak. Lily knows what's going on and pretty much helps the good guys. So embarrassing to explain.
Also prototype of Amaya.. an adult nurse tabby. She was meant to be inspired by my cat Missy.. but when I made the Gaiden, I made the tabby into a little speechless girl and named her Amaya ":-[" And she became Sue's best friend.
The Mike and Lucy cuddled up drawing is meant to be a really "landmark" scene in the old series.. which leads me to my final drawing..
5. Over the Years: A collage completely dedicated to the "lives" Mike and Lucy went through.. from the old series up to the new Bittersweet series. You can see Sue again at the top-left.. who obviously gave the torch over to a really really tiny little cat girl. Yes, Lucy was originally meant to be that small. She was originally meant to be a miniature seven year old whereas Mike was like twelve. I changed the ages so they were closer later on. Mike was also really tall and.. yellow. With brown eyes. You see him picking on the little bitter Lucy. The old series Lucy is honestly so close to the newer Lucy.. so you can see her being a meanie in the first few pictures. Also, Mike was more of a "lovable idiot".. and used to be quite affectionate to Lucy.. submissive and stuff. LOL WACKY STUFF WOULD HAPPEN BECAUSE OF THAT. A mean girl and an idiot. THAT PLOT NEVER HAPPENED
You can see Sandy there.. who has always been part of the story.. although her impact on the old series was VERY little. Mike was sad when she left, but he never pursued anything more. Unlike the Bittersweet Mike.
Once again you see Mike holding a sleeping Lucy a little to the middle-top right.. and I mentioned before that that scene was the most.. landmarky scene in all of the old series ":-[" That comic was pretty much the first time he kind of.. expressed feelings lol. He was mumbling to himself and Lucy wakes up halfway through and overhears him being all "Wauughhh I wanna say I love heeeerrrr" and she's all ".. ;__;" and crap. MUSHY I KNOW. I was like twelve when I drew that. Shuttup.
Anyway, that resulted in lovvveeeeess and him giving Lucy that star necklace as a gift. They got together and saw epic fireworks. FUNNY HOW DIFFERENT IT IS TO THE NEW SERIES LOL enjoy your MikexSandy canon action. Lucy and Carter are meant to be anyway. He loves Lucy.
This collage also has scenes from the side story as well as the Gaiden.. what's the Gaiden? Well.. it's also known as the SUGOI-DESU-DESU-DESU-I-WANNA-DO-CLICHE-KAWAII-ANIME-STORY-DESU-WAII side comic ":-[" The Gaiden was quite serious business. Mike and Lucy go to some camping trip that is all cursed and crap.. by some really bitter angel girl.. and everyone thinks it's some old wives tale when it isn't and DRAMA HAPPENS LOL I was so wapanese at that stage. Lucy was a drama sobby crybaby and Mike was the bitter asshole with a HEART OF GOLD lol ":(" I hate the Gaiden. Although some scenes from it I liked.. it was just.. way too dramatic. FUNNY TO SAY THAT CONSIDERING FINAL FANTASY CAT LOL
Seriously, the Gaiden is worse. I kind of like the Gaiden's story, but the two main characters were just.. cookie-cutter. Like a Ryudo and Elena clone.
Which reminds me, the Gaiden's existence was actually because I wanted to have some funny Grandia II quotes.. hence why Lucy and Mike are so similar to Elena and Ryudo.. but the plot just went further and I wanted to finish it.. BUT IT REALLY SUCKS. No, really. It's embarrassing. wahh wahhh I'm Lucy I'm a perfect crybaby
Scenes from the Gaiden are the ones where Mike and Lucy are wearing clothes.. one being a sports uniform.. a second being a "carnival" uniform. The Gaiden took place in a camp.. hence the clothes Mike and Lucy are wearing at the top right. On the bottom-left is Lucy wearing a kimononononon lol and Mike wearing a robe since he was going through insomnia at the time and the paranoid nurse made him wear a fluffy robe so that he could fall asleep anywhere. Lucy wanted to match with him hence her choosing a kimono.
Yashy and Lily are at the bottom.. they were the most influence in the whole "lol Lucy and Mike are totally gonna bang eachother" joke circle. Obviously that's complete fail in the new series (Sandyyyyy!), but they were a pretty big impact on the old.
Lucy has a flower on her heaaaddd.. that was given to her on the fireworks night by Mike.. she got the necklace later. And speaking of the necklace, you see Lucy playing with three of her necklace designs in one scene.. the diamond one is when Mike and Daisy.. got together ":-[" (*Gasp!!!!*), the star she's holding in her hand is the gift she was given.. and the other star next to her is the side story necklace she receives near the end. Enjoy your fashion.
Aquaaaaaaaa. Aqua is the cat girl with the hair. Mike is seen trying to rescue her.. she was exclusive to the side story. She was taken away and Mike is trying to break her out of some class tube thingie ":-[" "78% COMPLETE" is to the side.. she was gonna be cloned or something SHUTTUP THIS IS EMBARRASSING TO TALK ABOUT. Imposteeers.
Lily was a good artist in the old series.. and she drew those two portraits of Mike and Lucy.. they were meant to be matching.. showing Lucy thinking thoughtfully to herself.. as well as Mike.. although you can see who is thinking sad thoughts and who is.. more at peace. Aqua-chaaaannnnnn. SHE IS WEARING FINAL FANTASY CAT'S OUTFIT. Kinda. She actually wore a cape, but you know.
The last two drawings are from the new series.. slight spoilers.. and you won't understand them unless you read one of my "future plans".. but that's all you have to know ":-["
In the middle are.. the two newest designs of Mike and Lucy.. scarf and ribbon.. showing their uncertainty.. so yeah. This was meant to be a look-back to all they've gone through together.. from funny and silly moments to serious business.
I really love all these drawings due to the nostalgia I feel.. also since this is the first time I looked back at the old comics in a.. positive light rather than a "lock it all away" light. I won't be posting the side story pages anytime soon, though "XD;" But you know.. this is their history. And why they're kinda special to me. My first ever characters.. given another chance in the present time.
Hopefully this new series turns out okay! It's already alright since I'm not TOO shy in showing it.. I used to never show the old series to anyone but my brother and old friend.. although some of the old comics are really amusing. I should revive some ideas.
Hope you enjoyed this back-in-time session ":-[" Pyo!